Monday, October 2, 2017

Conference!

Hello Everyone!! 

I didn’t send out an email last week, but we had some changes! I am currently serving in Barreiro with a new comp, Sister dos Santos. She was born in Brazil but grew up here in Portugal, so she is basically Portuguese. Saying tchau to areas is always hard, Setubal was a good area, but Barreiro is seriously full of eleitos! Man every corner is full of people who want to talk to us! I am so excited to work here, it will be good! 

We got to watch all of conference this week, which was a huge blessing!! We even got to watch 3 in English (it is so much better to hear it in their actual voices!). I entered with A LOT of questions. Conference here in the mission is like Christmas! I was SO excited the whole week!! We watched it in the member’s home, who made us feel exactly at home with snacks during the songs and everything! I think my favorite talk was by President Uchtdorf, I felt like he was personally inviting me on a Heavenly Embark to know Heavenly Father better. I received so many responses to questions, and my testimony that this truly is the Lord´s church and he leads and guides it everyday was strengthened. I am so grateful to be a member of this church. If you didn’t watch conference, go watch it now!!! 

Other than that, the week was pretty boring. Just meeting a bunch of people.

Tenham uma semana maravilhosa! 

Sister Jones 






This is the family that we watched conference with! They are gems! I felt right at home. I love how every area has a family that makes me feel like I am family, and I have already found mine here in Barreiro! 

No comments:

Post a Comment