Monday, October 16, 2017

Quick Update!

Hello everyone!! 

Just a quick update to say I am still alive and working out here! After 3 weeks here in the area I am really getting to know the people and we are seeing miracles! We have 4 people marked for baptism and really high hopes for this month!! 

We did divisions this week with other sisters! I was with a sister who got here in Portugal like two weeks ago, so she basically didn’t speak any Portuguese, but she was so cute! She would stop people in the road and basically say "Hi I don’t speak Portuguese, but she does!!" and look at me and I would do the rest of the talking! She had a goal to give out 4 Books of Mormon at night. We gave out 2 without problems, but then it started getting later and we weren’t finding many people to give books. I was talking to this lady, but the bus arrived and she had to leave, and the sister just looked at her and handed her the book of Mormon and said, "Here this is for you!" and ran off. It was so funny!! It was a good division! 

We didn’t move this week.. still don’t have electricity in the apartment that we are going to move to. I am losing hope that we will actually move one day, we will see what happens. IN other news, there was an Australian being trained in our apartment but she was transferred and now I am the only person that speaks English lol Its all Brazilians and I which like never happens its funny. 

I actually heard about the fires in California! That’s scary. Its big enough that even people here are talking about them.

Dryers don’t exist here in Portugal haha we hang all of our clothes. I miss dryers so much haha

On Sunday I had to speak in church (surprise surprise) and decided to talk about the Book of Mormon. I have grown to love this book of much recently. It is literally full of power, and we can all receive this power. We only need to open the book and do our part! 

Hope you all have a good week!! 

Com Amor,
Sis Jones 




Picture with the Elders baptism!



Two sisters we did divisions with

 Lunch today with our apartment (they are all Brazilian.. I am the only American one here hahaha)



No comments:

Post a Comment