Monday, October 9, 2017

Busy Week!

Hello Everyone!! 

Short email this week, but we had a good week here in Barriero! It was SO busy. We had a day that we taught 6 lessons in one day, so basically it was just running around everyday. 

We are teaching some people who are going through things really hard right now and it has been pretty hard to see them so sad. I have truly felt like Nephi when he says in 2 Nephi 33:3 "For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry." 

Here in the mission, it amazes me how quickly we can grow to love people and sincerely just want the best for them. I can truly feel the love Heavenly Father has for them and it makes me want to help them feel it too. 

We have 2 people marked for baptism, Paulo who just needs to stop smoking, and Vanusa, a teenager from Guine Bissau. I am really excited for these next few weeks to work with them and help them receive all the blessing Heavenly Father has waiting for them! 

The visas for missionaries are having a bunch of problems so it is expected for us to have less than 100 missionaries next year. Our mission is the smallest it has been since I got here, a bunch of areas are closing for missionaries. It’s really sad actually, we are not receiving like any new missionaries right now. 

We still haven’t moved apartments, but hopefully this Saturday. There is still no electricity so we will see. We are moving because we live 45 minutes from our area, so we have to walk 45 minutes to be able to work, and can’t return to eat lunch so we normally just eat in the church building, but its way annoying so I want to move so bad haha. 


Have an excelente week!! 

Sister Jones 



On the boat to get to our mission office in Lisbon. I was so excited on the boat I felt like a 3 year old haha 





No comments:

Post a Comment