Monday, October 30, 2017

A piece of Madalyn's letter to her Mom

I don’t have much time, but thanks for the solid email! Looks like Halloween activities are going good! Here in Portugal Halloween isn’t a thing. Like maybe the youth celebrate it just because of movies, but we don’t do anything special haha.

I was thinking about the fact that is had been 3 years since I broke my back and it seems so crazy. 3 years is a LONG time! I still look back on that experience as a miracle. The humbling experience that I needed at that time for sure.   The problem? Recently my back has been giving me major problems. idk what it is, but only 3 more months of toughing it out haha. But it’s nothing like when I broke my back. It’s the part of my back right bellow the fusion. I don’t want to get it checked out because of the cost and Sister Tavares will have to contact the doctor in Germany.  Its a pretty complicated case to explain to them here.. hahah ! You know.. I will just play it safe and not say anything.


We moved houses this week!!! Our house is so nice now!! But it is also empty!! Its so weird!!! There is only our beds and everything. Sorry the internet in the library stopped working so now we are in this sketchy internet café and only have an hour so emails are going to be way short.  Also I don’t trust this computer to upload pictures, so next week for sure!


Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment