Monday, October 23, 2017

​Conferencia e coisas boas!!


Olá Todos!! 

We had a really good week here in Barreiro!! We were running everywhere to teach lessons; we currently have 5 people marked for baptism who need LOTS of prayers. If you guys could include them, it would mean a LOT to us here! Their names are Paula, Vanusa, Nelita, Vitoria, and Maria! 

This week was a week of miracles! It started off kind of slow and we were having a lot of problems catching our investigators at home to teach them, we started getting a little discouraged about the work, or the lack of it. But we tried to do our hardest continue and try to work hard. 

Then we had zone conference that was really good! One thing that President talked a lot about is how our mission is the "Sabbath Day" of our lives. He heard Isaiah 58: 13-14, which says:

"13 ¶ If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; and shalt honor him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it."
(I knew you guys would be too lazy to open it)

 Here in the mission, we have to turn ourselves away from doing our will and doing things we want to do, like on the Sabbath Day. But as we do that, is when we can truly call our missions a delight. One thing I have learned here in the mission is that one year and a half is NOTHING. Time flies so fast and that I really need to make every moment count. Things truly get easier when we give our will over to the Lord and resolve to do this His way. That is a lesson that took me a long time to learn here in the mission, but I am so glad I learned it. I am so grateful for this time I have in my life to completely forget about myself and focus on serving Heavenly Father, and never want this time to end! 

Also this week, we thought we found a golden investigator! We did a contact in the street and marked to pass by her house later. Here in Portugal, appointments with people aren’t really a thing really strong, and people rarely are at home when we marked with them. But before the appointment she called to make sure we would be there. We got so excited!! We show up at her house, and see that she invited her Pastor there to teach us some things. She trapped us in her house with her Pastor. Oh man, the first thing I thought was "So, how quickly can we get out of here?" It was quite the adventure. In the end they were all really nice, and could talk about what we believed. But I left so grateful to have the fullness of the truth in my life and to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

We were supposed to move this week, but it didn’t happen, surprise surprise. So maybe this week. I have basically lost all hope that we will actually move haha! In other news I am still halfway living out of my suitcases still because I thought we would move at the BEGINNING of the transfer so that’s fun hahahha man. 

SO yea, that’s about it this week! We are thinking of going to the temple grounds this afternoon to see how it is, I am excited!! (mom note: a Temple is being built in Lisbon right now). Hope you guys all have a great week!! Thanks for all the prayers and support! 

Sister Jones 




No comments:

Post a Comment