Saturday, September 30, 2017

Transferred to Barreiro

Madalyn got transferred this week so between packing, traveling and finally being able to watch Women’s Conference she did not have time to send pictures or a general letter out.  Here are a few bits and pieces from the letter she sent me:

We got our transfer calls last night. I am leaving and going to Barreiro. I will serve with Sister dos Santos. She is a native, like from Portugal.  The area is really ghetto. Like the most ghetto area in our mission, but I heard the members are really good so that will help. I know I am just complaining and I shouldn’t have such a bad attitude before I know anything about the situation, but I am just not excited. The good thing? Its a 4 sister house so that will be fun!! 

Also sad to leave Sister Baker. We are homies now and are completely comfortable with each other.  Plus the first few weeks with a new comp is always SO awkward. BUT it will be good. I actually already know a member who lives there and I love her! She is awesome so I am way excited for that! I think we are going to watch the women’s conference right now because we have time and I don’t want to go home and pack #procrastinating.

Hahaha also this week during exercises in the morning I was wearing leggings and looked in the mirror we have along our wall and saw my sad sight of a butt and decided that I will do 30 squats everyday for the rest of my mission. Man let me just say, I have been sore this week.

(Mom note..Madalyn’s suitcase broke during her last transfer) I never bought a new suitcase because I did the math and figured I probably won’t have another area after I move to Barreiro tomorrow, so basically I just have to make it there, and then make it home. I can handle that. Also I am going to leave a lot of my summer clothes and the clothes that are way worn out here. So yea I think I am good with that. 


Love you!!! Have a good week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment