Monday, September 4, 2017

"Pray like everything depends on the Lord, work like everything depends on you"

Hello Everyone!! 

This week passed by way quickly I have no idea what even happened. I closed my eyes last Monday and next thing you know we are here again?? 

But we had an awesome week full of miracles! 

Okay I got a quick story that happened recently! So this past transfer was really part of my refining period as a missionary. I had to fight against many challenges and really dig deep to remember why I came on a mission, and why I stayed on a mission, and why I should continue on a mission. We entered an area kinda dead as a whitewash with a ward not that receptive to us. We had a ton of difficulties, and my first transfer here I got a little overwhelmed with everything that I wanted to be as a missionary and do with the area, and didn’t know how to start and do it all. I basically felt like I had no purpose in the area because we weren’t seeing much success. But after transfers we learned we would stay together in the same area and I decided that something had to be changed. SO I became exactly obedient, talked to everyone in the road, and prayed harder than I have in my life. And we have seen miracles lately!! Doors have been opening for us, hearts are being touched, and people are literally asking to be baptized (I know, what the heck??) We have a baptism next week and a few investigators who are progressing really well. I have really learned the truth of the statement "Pray like everything depends on the Lord, work like everything depends on you". I am happy and I love the people here in this area now. 

Maria Alice (our miracle investigator) is continuing to progress SO well! She decided she will stop smoking next week and started diminuing this week. She is here in Portugal all alone so she doesn’t have much to do during the day, and that’s when she feels the need to smoke. SO we had the brilliant idea to bring another member (who maybe is a little older) who also lives alone and is kinda lonely, named Ana come and teach with us. The problem? Ana talks SO much. We got there and tried teaching the Plan of Salvation; oh man that lesson was a WRECK. Ana just kept saying "let me explain it, I know it better" Oh my gosh all my patience was used up after that lesson. BUT it’s all good, because they became BEST friends! They have passed every day together since and even had a sleep over one day haha. Man Sister Baker and I (Or sister Joker if you put our names together) are the best matchmakers ever. Its been great because they both have things to do and Maria Alice has gotten even more excited about the church and to be baptized one day!! 

ALSO!! Joana (the girlfriend of a member) is so ready to be dunked! We taught her a few times this week, but she basically already knew everything. She already is reading the Book of Mormon and living all the commandments. We asked her about Joseph Smith and she basically said everything word for word. SO she’s getting baptized this Saturday, the 9th! It will be so good! She is so prepared and SO CUTE! Ah we love her SO much!! 

Random information: Here in Europe EFY is FSY aka For the Strength of Youth (which makes more sense to me??) But they have it every other year. One year it’s for the north of the country (Porto and the islands) and then the other its Lisbon and all the areas in our mission. All the youth came home to recharged and I wanna return to EFY man. I was jealous. 

SO yea, we are feeling really blessed here in our area. We have really been experiencing miracles recently with the so many opportunities to share the gospel with everyone. I feel so blessed. Last transfer really was my refining period of my mission. I had to humble myself, ask the Lord for help, and then work and be obedient to receive the help I needed. And I have really been able to see the Hand of the Lord in my life every moment here. We are happy, we are loving, and we are being loved. It’s a good life here in the mission. 

Love you all! Have a great week! 


I really don’t even have explanations for these pictures... haha Pretty sure only my returned missionary friends from Portugal will understand the two photos from the talhos. Welcome to Portugal aka the land of the raw meat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment