Monday, August 29, 2016

English Fast

Olá minha amigos e familia! Como está??


So another week in the MTC is done! This week we will hit our one month mark! Its so crazy to think that I have been a missionary for one month! It seems so long ago that I last watched Greys Anatomy (I dont even talk about it anymore-my family would be so proud) or saw my family, or held a CHILD (i feel so baby deprived). But it also seems like this month flew by! Only 2 more weeks until I am in Portugal and that thought FREAKS me out but also makes me so excited!! You can only take cafeteria food for so long. But whenever I complain about the food my teacher always tells me on my mission I will pray to eat food like we have here and I think he is right.

TA BOM, ESTA SEMANA:

Wow this week really flew by! We focused a lot on the Book of Mormon this week. IN class we all will write down a personal question in our journals, and then get in a circle and read from any book in the Book of Mormon together. One time we did this my question was answered 4 times in the first 7 verses we read. This really just testified to me of Heavenly Fathers love for all of His children, and that is why He gave us this book. I also taught relief Society of the Book of Mormon and I studied Elder Hollands talk, "Safety for the Soul" and it is SO GOOD and so powerful please everyone go watch it I loved it!!

Also, this week Sister Shepard and I taught all of our lessons with no notes! It was so scary at first because I speak like no Portuguese, but it was so much easier to feel and follow the spirit! One of our lessons was with out teacher, Irmao Workman, and we were planning on teaching about baptism, but then he mentioned he was distracted so we asked why. Our teacher then ended up telling us about something he was struggling with, and we got to help him come closer to Christ. That would of never happened if we just read our notes and taught the lesson so I am so glad we were able to follow the spirit!

We had an English fast on Thursday and it was SO hard! It made me realize all of the Portuguese I dont know. All we really learn is church stuff and how to teach lessons, so this week I have been trying to memorize words for small talk. But we ended up breaking that fast at like 5:30 because we were all just eating dinner in silence hahhaha

So last Monday night we had a TRC lesson where we teach members of the church. It was our second time doing it so we were pretty confident, but then we get this Brazilian guy who speaks SO last and then half way through our lesson he started teaching us and it was so fast and I could not understand one word he was speaking. It was so bad that I actually started laughing halfway through the lesson which is like SO BAD, but then I realized that is how everyday in Portugal will be like and that made me stop laughing REAL quick. 

On Sundays we all have to prepare talks in Portuguese and the branch president will just randomly chose people to speak. The majority of my zone was betting on it being me speaking and I was SO nervous. But I clearly did something right and the Lord was blessing me for it because I did not get called up to speak THANK GOODNESS!

I watched The Blueprint of Christs Church last night and it was SO GOOD. Seriously go watch it there were so many things he talked about that I had never even thought of before it was so awesome!!

We did "street contracting" to other missionaries this week and it was so cool! I would speak in Portuguese and my companion would translate to English. It was only like 3 minutes but it was so cool just barely talking to them and then feeling prompted to share a message with them. One of them actually said they really needed to hear that and I fist pumped because the spirit is so AWESOME! 

Oh also so our district looked up every ones mormon.org profiles this week and it was so funny. It was like facebook stalking but missionary edition hahah I love my district and zone!! 

Okay this email is SO LONG so props if you got through that whole thing! I love you all so so much! Thank you for all of the emails and trying to keep me up to date on the outside world as I am in this Provo bubble.

Com Muito Amor,
Sister Jones 

Additional notes from Madalyn:

Hosting went so much better this week and was so much fun!! I didnt see anyone I knew but its okay. Also I got girls who had an elavator in their building which is good. Last week we had to carry her huge suitcases up 4 floors it was TERRIBLE! 
Thats so exciting that Dallin is coming home this week! Give him a hug for me! Its weird that I wont see him for SO LONG! 












Kyrsten and Samantha ran into Madalyn on the Temple grounds this past Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment