Monday, August 15, 2016

Abacaxi

HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!! 
Wow so much has happened this week so I am just going to try to type as fast as I can sorry for all the typos!! 

Okay First I am the WORST because I forgot it was my fathers birthday last week so HAPPY 46 AND ONE WEEK DAD!! I love you!!!

Okay so this week we watched Chacater of Christ by Elder Bednar and it was the best!! But it really made me realize how much my needs and wants don't matter anymore. Like once I go out to the field it is no longer about me, but about the people I will be teaching and doing the Lord's will. I didn't realize how greedy and selfish I was until I got out into the field. It has defientely been a huge humbling expereince but it has made me so grateful for the MTC and the time we have right now to prepare and learn before I get to Portugal. 

Okay so this week was AWESOME I'm just  going to do bullet points because I have so much to say!

-Everyday for excersize time we play four square and its the BEST! A guy in our zone played in high school which I didn't even know existed but like we get so competative and yell at each other and it's the high light of the day. It's serioulsly so funny though!!

- My companion Sister Shepperd and I say the exact same thing, at the exact same time, in the exact same tone all the time. Like its so crazy and everyone thinks we are like doing it on purpose but it just happens its so funny!!!!

- So I decided instead of saying oh my gosh I am just going to say abacaxi such means pineapple in portugese and now like the whole zone does it. It's so funny we say it so dramatic and no one else even knows what we are saying its awesome!

- This week for devotional Elder Anderson came and spoke and it was AWESOME! It was also his birthday so we sang happy birthday with an organ accompaning us and it was definitely the prettiest happy birthday I have ever sang.

- They split our district this week and I was so sad. We all almost cried because we all llove each other SO MUCH! But now its just 2 girls and 4 elders so 6 people in total and its so much easier to learn so its for the best.  Plus we kept our teacher which is good because he's so wesome!!

- SO I serioulsy love all the girls in my room so much. WE laugh so hard with each other I feel like I am in college. Like yesterday night we sat round eating chips and salsa talking about funny date stories and first kisses and funny things like that it was so wesome they are serioulsy the best!!

- I wrote down D&C 11:21 but I dont remember what it says or why I wrote it so maybe look it up and it will be cool??

- An elder in our zone brought a CROCKPOT on his mission. I thought that was so funny idk hahahha

- Addi, Haley and I were all reunited this week it was so sweet!! WE miss Kelsey who is killing it in Taiwan though!!

- So two days ago sister shepard and I were trying to teach a fake lesson to an elder in our zone with no notes and so Sister Shep was like "do you have children?" and he responded saying they are outside playing. But for some reason I thought they were talking about if he had heard about prophets before and so I was like "So you know who Moses and Abraham are??" and he was like wait what. Yea so we had to start the whole lesson over again because we were laughing so hard!

-There was a bat on the 4th floor Saturday night so we got this speaker thing saying we had to evacuate and we didn't know why so we grabbed like all our important things hahha so we had so much stuff just to chill in a starewell. Also I prayed it would go away and the minute I ended the prayer the announcement came saying we could return and everyone was freaking out over the power of prayer it was awesome!!!

- Sister Shepard and I learned Book of Mormon Stories in Portugese this week and then we sang it at the devotional before it started it was so funny! 

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! Like I am always so happy when I get to put on my name tag every morning!!! 

Also thank you for all the email and love!! Serioulsy getting a letter is the greatest thing thank you all so much!!

My address for everyone who has been asking is:
Sister Madalyn Jones
Sept. 14 POR-LIS
2005 n. 900 E. unit 211
Provo UT 84602 

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THIS CHURCH IS SO TRUE!!!

Sister Jones












No comments:

Post a Comment