Monday, September 5, 2016

A "Bat" tactic Week!

Hello my loyal fans & followers:
Just another lovely week here in the MTC!! SO many exciting things have happened this week!! 

I'll start out with a cool experience with the gift of tongues. So before I came on my mission I though Gift of Tongues would be this amazing thing where I will open my mouth and these poetic words will flow out with absolutely flawless grammar. Oh I was so wrong. But its cool because I will be in a lesson and words that I had studied earlier that day or week will just pop into my head and guide what I should say. This week during a lesson we were teaching about families and I felt prompted to invite our investagator to have family prayer and also talked about my family and my experience with family prayer and the words were just flying out of my mouth and the spirit was so strong. Like the grammar was probably terrible and I cant even remember what I said now, but the spirit totally guided the lesson and it was such a cool experience. 

OKAY so now lets get to the crazy stuff this week:

So Wednesday night we got ANOTHER bat in our building and so we just had to stay in our rooms all night. Not a huge deal whatever. But then on Thursday we got this announcement that all girls had a mandatory meeting in the middle of the day. At the meeting they tell us that all gurls on the 4th and 3rd floor of our building have to move to the boys old building. They then follow it up with "we are working on the bathrooms, now almost all the stalls have doors" This universal giggle and freak out fills the entire room. SO yes I had a little panic attack. I had brought SO much stuff on my mission, and after 4 weeks in one room I had moved in. I was fully nested in this room. SO we quickly pack up and walk FOREVER away to our new building- which took 3 trips by the way. Out of curiousity I stumbled into the bathroom to and find, to my absoslute horror, a toilet fully cover in pee. Seriously so gross. It gets worse. We walk into our new room, which had not been cleaned from our elder friends who last lived there, and found all these awesome things they left behind dirty socks on our beds. Then my companion found a letter addressed to Joshua Crane and exclaimed "I AM SHARING A BED WITH JOSH". I literally died. SO yes the bats moved in and we moved out. 

WE GOT OUR FLIGHT PLANS!!  Literally so crazy! So we leave on Tuesday the 13th. Our flight is at 5:10 PM. We fly from Salt Lake to Paris. We then leave Paris at 1:20 PM on the 14th and get to Portugal at 2:55 PM. So yes I am pretty stoked but also scared because we only have one week left of class and I know like nothing. 

Sister Shepard and I got to Skype this lady from Portugal on Friday and we she SO CUTE and SO sweet. I also only understood like 40% of what she was saying HAHAHA pray for me. 

So I caught the infamous MTC cold this week. But it actually worked for my benefit because a lot of Portugese words have a really nasally accent so I was killin it. Also in Portugal they shh all the s's at the end of words and now I sometimes do it to English words now hahaha

So my dad sent me literally the biggest package of food ever last week. Like serioulsy close to the same size as me. Watching me carry that package back to our rom was a comical sight it was SO pathetic. But also so much food and we have all probably eaten like half of it already HAHA!  I shared it with the Elders who helped us move so they were so happy!

The weather has been super nice this week so we decided to go play volleyball outside. We literally all gave up though because we were laughing so hard I thought we were going to die. 

So this past week in our class we have been taching each other as investagators. So sis Shepard and I are teaching 2 investigators and a companionship is teaching me. Its super har sometimes veiwing them as investigators and not our friends, but its been so cool. One of the elders really likes to stump us though and it has been SO hard. It has also been so special to be an investigator and put myself in their shoes.

So my zone was assigning everyone people from the Office and they say I am exactly like Erin. They say I look and act just like her. I dont know enough about the office so if someone could email me a picture of her that would be great hahah so then I can act like I know what theyre talking about. 

So yeah that's been my week. T-8 days left in the USA!! Time is flying so quick!!

Amo voces. Amo sendo uma missionaria. Amo o Evengelho. 

Sister Jones 
This is how big the box was full of stuff from Ryan!

The sisters and their Branch President



No comments:

Post a Comment