Monday, September 12, 2016

Ready or Not...

OLA! Tudo bem??

So like I leave tomorrow?? I have been in the MTC for 6 weeks which is absolutely crazy to me!! I feel like I entered the MTC yesterday but I also feel like I have been here my whole life. I have never been more scared or excited for anything in my life. I thought by now my language would be so much better but I still struggle SO MUCH but I can definetly see my progress from the first week when I knew literally nothing.
My awesome companeira left this morning at 3 am. I was so sad to see her leave along with the rest of the people going to Porto!! Like seriously so sad I love her so much. I got so lucky when it came to my companion, we didnt get along 100% of the time, but it was pretty dang close. Already miss her so much. And since she has left I have just been an awkward 3rd wheel to the other companionships in my zone so I am just kinda hanging out with them it feels so weird not to have a companion. 
SO since we dropped Sister Shepard off at the travel place this morning at like 3:30 we were up until 4 so we decided just to stay awake and go to the temple at 5:30 so I have literally gotten like no sleep today but it was so worth it because its our last temple trip for 18 months. I am going to miss it so much! I feel such a peace and comfort there and have absolutely loved being there so often the past like 3ish months. 

I really dont have much to write about in my email this week sorry!! 
At devotional on Tuesday we have Elder D. Todd Christofferson. It was so awesome!! And then on Sunday M. Russell Ballard walked out! We were all so surprised we didnt expect it at all!! We were like wait 2 apostles in one week is this the second coming?? And we were sitting SO CLOSE I swear we made eye contact once. It was awesome. Both of their talks were so good and I just love hearing from prophets of the Lord. They are so powerful I love it!!!

This week after teaching all of our fake investigators our teacher had us do an exercise where we had 10 minutes to prepare a lesson for our companions about something you think they needed to hear to calm any of their worries. We then had 15 minutes to give the lesson, and then they gave us one. It was so powerful and the spirit was so strong. I loved teaching and helping a real person come closer to Christ. It also made me love for my companion grow so much more (right before she had to leave me of course). It made me so excited to be doing that ever day in Portugal! Also made me realize how much more Portuguese I need to learn.

I serioulsy love my MTC teachers SO MUCH!! I know they were inspired as my teachers and would constantly say things that I needed to hear at the right time. I am serioulsy going to miss them so much. They were such good examples to me of being a good missionary, and also just loving all of us in our district. SO much love for them, and I am going to miss them so much. We are Irmao Workmans last district because he has been working here for 3 years so hopefully we sent him out on a high note. 

So ever since like my 2nd week here all my prayers outloud have been in Portuguese and then I had to pray at orientation this week in front of a lot of people and it was supposed to be in english but like Portuguese words just kept coming out it was so funny hahaha. Especially because I am not even good at Portuguese. I was like "Eu estou fluent" But its estar because its temporary and I am not anywhere close to fluent hahaha

I love my whole zone so much and am so sad we all have to go seperate ways so soon. Luckily a big group of us is going to Lisbon so I told all of them they better act excited to see me when we are at zone conferences and stuff. 

We moved into our room and got all settled before we are now packing up to leave. They added shower curtians to the stalls so we now have more privacy- or at least a little more haha. 

We are flying Delta! From Salt Lake to Paris the number is 84 and then to Lisbon is 8444. We are all planning on calling our parents as soon as we get to the gate. We leave to go to the airport around 1 so probably like 3 or 3:30ish my time?? I am not sure totally but I am sure I will have at least like 30 minutes! 

That is pretty much all that I got this week. Hopefully next week is more exciting as I am in Portugal. But I really am so thankful for all the time that I got to study at the MTC. The spirit is so strong here and I learned and changed more than I ever thought was possible. I did so much in the MTC that I didnt think would be possible, but I know Heavenly Father has helped me so much. I have also been able to rely on the Atonement so much and have gained a whole new appreciation for it these past few weeks. 

Also I love Ether 12:4 which talks about faith being an anchor for us. That is defintely so true as I am going to a foreign land speaking a language I am not very good at, serving with people I have never met. I have faith that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and going exactly where the Lord needs me. 

Tchau!!

All these missionaries are flying to Portugal this week!  Some to Porto and some to Lisbon

Sister Jones and Sister Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment