Monday, November 28, 2016

Best UnThanksgiving I've Ever Had!

Olá Todos!!! 


This week was a good, tiring, hard, and rewarding week!! 

We had THANKSGIVING!!! But not really because it doesn't exist here haha. But Sister Conrad and I were determined so we planned a ward activity for our small group in Mafra for Thursday night and called it a Noite de Gratidão. And it was a success!! The only problem is that Mafra has 4 active members, and only one lives in Mafra itself and she works TANTO! The others live in cities close, but we need an autocarro to get there so its hard for them! So Sister Conrad and I threw the whole activity ourselves. We made a craft which was jars of gratitude. We wrote ideas on 30 little slips of paper things that they can pull out everyday and then write in a gratitude journal. We brought things to decorate it with and called it a day! We also spent almost all morning of the actitivy in the kitchen making treats (we decided not to try to do turkey and a full meal based on our rice cooking skills) So we only did chocolate chip cookies, and our spin off of apple pie with the lack of ingredients they have here in Portugal. Both things are very American and everyone loved it!! We had 11 people at the activity which is pretty much a record and 2 non members too!! They all brought treats too so we had a great night of laughs, gratitude, and food. It was so much better than I thought it was going to be and I returned to our apartment that night full of food, love, and joy. I was  sad in the morning missing my family (especially because they were in freaking HAWAII) and was kinda feeling sorry for myself, but once I focused on all of the blessings I have I snapped out of it and had a great day!!! Was a Thanksgiving I will never forget!! 

Also this week I have experienced more rain than my whole life in California I think! But I bought a cool transperent umbrella so I was pretty stoked to use it. But I think its time to invest in some rain boots because winter is upon us now. 

This semana was hard because we had to drop 2 of my favoirte investigators because they weren't progressing and I was so sad about it, but we have seen some amazing blessings in our lives and work after we dropped them so I know it was the right thing and we can't waste our time, or the Lords, on people who are not ready. 

Remember when like 2 weeks ago when Sister Conrad and I couldnt even make rice?? Well yesterday we made ARROZ DOCE without a recipe so who says you don't change on your mission??

This week was full of sacrifices which are SO HARD but I know that the Lord rewards us so much when we sacrifice and I have felt that SO much this week. Always have faith in the Lord and His plan!!! 

Sister Jones ~

Pictures are our activity and our jars of gratitude, and then the other sisters in our district! 





No comments:

Post a Comment