Monday, July 31, 2017

Sushi and lice

Hello everyone!! 

We had an...Interesting week here in Setubal!! 

The week started off good and we were really working hard to help this area. We made some good goals and were excited to work hard and achieve them. We also had zone conference on Thursday, which was so good. It recharged us and helped us really focus on the things important here in the mission! I left there with a desire to work harder and be more obedient than ever before because there are miracles waiting to take place here, we just have to do our part. 

During conference President also talked a lot about trials of faith. I know trials of faith are necessary, but they are not any fun to pass through. Our mission right now is passing through a lot of trials and a lot of opposition, but we cant let that stop us. It is only AFTER the trial of our faith that we receive a testimony and the blessings that Heavenly Father has waiting for us. I Have been thinking a lot about all the trials of faith I have passed through in my life, and I have been able to identify the blessings that came after I stuck it out and endured the trials. It is hard to remember in the moment, but looking back I am so grateful for all the trials I have had to pass through. I know I would never of learned, grown, or changed without these trials, and most importantly my testimony would not be as strong as it is right now. It is hard to pass through them and many times we question if Heavenly Father is there of if He really cares, but I know He is always there. And in the end, it is only through Him that we can overcome these challenges. 

Speaking of challenges.. I had a little problem this week. I got lice. Yea, that thing that KIDS get. I am blaming it on all the beijinhos we give here, but man it was terrible. After lots of prayers, a few tears, and lots of shampoo, I think I am clean now. But basically want to wear my hair up for the rest of my mission because I do not want to risk that again. If I have a child with lice I will literally just shave their hair. It’s the WORST!!! But yea, I am continuing to use the comb they gave me to look for eggs after every shower. I am so scared they will come back, it would be the worst. I also lost so much hair because the shampoo is so strong and chemically it like fried my hair a little. I am going to return home bald but hey, at least I will be lice free?? 

Also this whole week sister Baker and I have been craving sushi. We found an all you can eat sushi place and decided to eat there for Pday today. The problem? You have to fill out a piece of paper asking for the kinds of sushi you want and they will bring them out for you. We got there really hungry so we filled out that paper with a lot of sushi. I am one of those people whose eyes are bigger than their stomach. SO in the end we ended up with a lot more sushi than we could eat. We made goals and tried to eat it all, and in the end we admitted defeat with 10 sushi rolls uneaten. I don’t want any more sushi for a few more months now. 

But yea, that was our exciting week here in Setubal!! 

Have a great week and stay strong through all of your trials of faith! 

Sister Jones 






Sushi!

 Our Japanese friend gave us this can of lychees?? We didn’t ask questions, just accepted it haha

Sisters during our Zone Conference 

Sisters in our District


Sisters take 2

No comments:

Post a Comment