Monday, July 24, 2017

Forty Day Fast

Olá todos!! 

We had a good week here in Setubal! The weather was pretty bearable so we have been blessed, and basically only one more month until Summer ends here so I am counting my blessings (I never thought I would say that, what am I becoming out here in the mission??) 

We had some miracles in our area this week! Our mission as a whole is doing a 40 day fast. So basically for 40 days, at least one dupla of missionaries is fasting, we all switch off with days. It is to help our mission become more spiritual and reach our full potential. This week we have really felt the power of this fast!! Doors are opening, people are stopping on the streets, and hearts are being touched. Its so cool to watch the Lord bless us as we try our hardest. 

A few weeks ago I contacted this lady named Rita in the road. She has a baby that is literally the cutest thing ever, and she is only like 28 years old. We finally got to teach her this week and she had a ton of questions about what we believe. She asked us how we felt about families. I explained that families are the unit most important in our lives, and how we lived with our family before this life, here in this life, and also after this life also. Her eyes got huge and she became so excited. She explained that she has had this belief that we will live with our families after this life but never found a church that agrees with this belief. The spirit was SO strong! The bad part? We found out she is moving to the other side of Setubal which is the other ward (there are two wards in this city) but we are going to teach her as much as we can before she moves and she will be baptized soon after!! 

We also had an activity combined with the other ward on Saturday! It was a huge BBQ with games and dancing and everything. There were 3 youth there who aren’t members but have friends who are members from ward 2, but live in our ward boundaries, so we got to know them and they are going to get baptized soon they are basically already members its a miracle!! 

They also got me to do a food-eating contest (I fought hard to get out of it), and to absolutely no surprise, I lost SO bad. I don’t have the same talent other people have to eat fast and eat a lot but hey, I tried. Also got sick after it ended haha

But yea!! That was our week! It was good and I am learning a ton out here! It’s a good life here in the mission!! 

Com Amor,~
Sister Jones 


Got a new washing machine this week #itsthelittlethings









No comments:

Post a Comment