Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy 2017

Olá!! 

Feliz 2017! I hope all of you guys had a great time ringing in the new year! We ended our planning early, and decided to go to bed a whole 30 minutes early (was a good day). We said the "see you next year" joke to each other before we fell asleep, and then woke up to a New Year! Probably one of the most layed back and quiet New Years Eve I will have in my life! It was good and I am excited for this New Year! Its a good time to think about last year, think about things we want to change, and then make goals! I made some good goals and I am excited to work hard to accomplish them! This year will be a good year!! I will spend the WHOLE year in Portugal as a missionary so that’s way cool and crazy also!! 

This week was a little more difficult. We have basically lost all contact with Felipe. He is supposed to be baptized this Saturday, but we found out that he smoked within the last 10 days so he can’t be. But we were willing to work with him and continue to teach him and just push the date back, but he hasn’t answered his phone  and didn’t come to church yesterday. I think he is a little embarrassed and doesn’t want to disappoint us, but we just want to help him!! We have said many prayers and fasted A LOT this week for him (which was probably a good thing after all of our Christmas goodies). So that has been so hard on us this week, but I know he will be baptized one day!! 

This week we have been working so hard, being more obedient, saying more prayers, trying our hardest, fasting a ton, and just working harder than we have our whole time together, but we just aren’t seeing any results. It is definitely trying my faith a lot and it has been really hard. We are knocking a lot of doors and literally talking to everyone that we see in the street trying to find new people, but we haven’t found anyone yet. But I know that if we just continue to work hard and try our hardest, and most importantly trust in the Lord we will find people to teach. It’s hard to not be discouraged, but I know its all part of the Lords plan! 

Also this week on Saturday afternoonish our group president called and asked us to speak in church the next day. So I prepared my 3rd talk for this group, and then TWO people showed up to church (not including our leadership from another ward) so that was good. haha But it was good to study and prepare for a  talk!! This Gospel is just too good!! 

Also we had a broadcast last night and learned about how the schedule for missionaries is completely changing!! It’s so crazy and it started today!! Basically it gives us more time to be on the street and teaching, and more time at night to prepare for the next day so it should be good! But also a weird adjustment!! 

But yea that was our week! Hope you guys all had a good New Years! I know 2017 will be a good one :)

 Com Amor,
Sister Jones 


Sorry I forgot my camera so no pictures this week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment