Monday, January 9, 2017

Converting Portugal One Animal at a Time

The Entire Lisbon Portugal Mission at Christmas Time


Hello everyone!! 

Hope you all had a great week! Our week was a LONG week of nitty gritty missionary work!!!

We had SO much rain and wind to start the week off, which made our umbrellas break (so sad I loved mine so much) and we ended the night completely soaking wet so that was a great adventure. 

Also this week with our search for new people we have been trying a bunch of new areas which are pretty far away, so we have literally walked so much. I cant tell you an exact number, but with the pain in my feet, legs, back, and shoulders I can tell you its A LOT: Its basically like Pioneer Children Sang as they walked, and walked and walked and walked. Everyday. Its good I love it. 

We found Felipe this week and had 2 lessons with him! One was so powerful and the spirit was so strong! We remarked him for baptism, but we have a few things we need to work with him to help him be more prepared. I will not baptize another less active here in Mafra. So we are praying for him and excited to keep working. He really is amazing! It makes me sad that I probably won’t be here for his baptism :( We have transfers at the end of this week so we will see where I end up. I don’t know if I want to go. Mafra is hard and I have so much time here already, but changes aren’t really my thing so I know either way will be hard.  


We want to baptize converts because Mafra does not need more menos activos. 
At the same time we had dinner with Isabel last night and she told us she want to remove her records from the church and that she no longer wants to be a member. It was one of the worst feelings in the world as I sat there I wanted to cry. Seeing her just leave all the blessings she has received behind is so sad. I want to help her but don’t think there is anything we can do at this moment :( 

Also with all of our walking this week we have found a huge field of goats. So of course we stopped and talked with the goats for a ton of time, because they were the only people willing to talk to us. It was so funny, and was good because there was a fence so we were safe from them eating my clothes of something crazy like that (only my family will understand this, but pretty sure they are the only ones who read this anyway) 

We are in Lisbon right now at the largest shopping mall (or 2nd idk) in Europe. It’s huge, but we only got lost one time so it’s a success. 

This week was pretty uneventful but just a good week being a missionary and working hard!! 

Thank you all for the love and support!! 

Sister Jones 

(Sorry no pictures they won’t work at this Internet cafe)



No comments:

Post a Comment