Monday, October 17, 2016

Introducing the newest BYU Cougar!!



Madalyn spent the past year at BYU Idaho and had the best college experience! She loved her time there...the people, the scenery, the campus, the teachers and all the opportunities that the Idaho campus offers!  It truly is an consecrated University.  However she had this feeling that post mission she was suppose to be in Provo.  So she went on a limb and applied for BYU Provo campus and turned in all her paperwork and essays the week before she left on her mission.  We got notice on Friday night (actually I checked it on Saturday morning) that she was accepted into BYU Provo!  When I opened the admissions decision it took my breath away.  As a mom I had mixed emotions....I also LOVE BYUI, but I know that Madalyn felt she needed to be in Provo.  She does not know why, but she is following the prompting and will attend BYU Provo after her mission.

I emailed her acceptance letter to her and she opened it today.  Here is her response:

"I cannot believe I have been admitted to BYU! I am wearing a BYU sweatshirt right now so its perfect!!!! ahhhh okay dont really know how I feel because I LOVE REXBURG! But I think Provo is the right place for sure. "

She also has the same mixed emotions!  As a mom I am proud of her obedience to follow her feelings.  This will stretch her socially and educationally, but I know that this is where she is suppose to be and am happy for her!  Now to figure the whole Provo housing/classes thing out!  Maybe I will finally go to a football game in Lavell Stadium with my cougar daughter!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment