Monday, October 3, 2016

Dogs are not my friend!!

Olá!!!
Another week is done! This week actually flew by! SO fast I didn’t even take pictures, but that’s okay I got some from last week for you guys. Like it is so pretty here but I am starting to take it for advantage and not appreciate all the beauty because I see it everyday. It’s so RAD!! 

This week was CONFERENCIA! To be honest I wasn’t really looking forward to it. I LOVE conference at home and the feeling that it brings and so it made me miss home so much. We could only watch Sunday Morning because we had to go to a chapel in Mem Martins and the 7 hour time difference from Utah really throws things off (we ended up arriving early and could watch some of Saturday morning from the night before so that’s cool) But before conference I was kind of throwing myself an internal pity party and feeling sorry for myself because I knew I wasn’t going to understand much. But then it started playing and the spirit really is the same no matter what language and I could actually understand enough that my questions were totally answered, through their words but mostly the spirit and I feel like a lot of it was focused on the things I have been studying a lot recently. This really just taught me that no matter what country I am in and what language I am speaking the Lord knows me and my needs and wants to help me. It was so awesome aw I loved it!! (but if anyone has any talks they loved please send them to me I want to read them!!!!)

But we had an awesome week! I am understanding a lot more and teaching more during lessons. Although someone this week turned to my comp and was like "I didn’t understand one word she said" Like ouch that hurt my confidence a little but tudo bem its all good.

The work is getting better this week! We basically have two progressing investigators because no one keeps commitments and that’s really frustrating but we have 3 people who have really awesome potential so that’s awesome. Almost everyone we teach is Brazilian, which I love because their accents are much easier to understand and they are SO nice. Love them so much. It’s hard though because a lot of our appointments fall though and so we just try to do a lot of finding and I really don’t like finding all that much. 

We try to teach at least one less active every day but it’s hard because they like the church but they just don’t really see the need in going anymore. SO they are all our friends (well most of them) but don’t want to go to church or do anything about it. So it’s frustrating but we try. One less active is Isabel and I love her SO much she is so awesome. 

This week we found a golden investigator!!! We were doing street contacts and we stopped this 18 year old boy and asked if we could share a message another day and he was like " estou pronto agora!" So we sat on the side of the street and taught him a lesson and he was so receptive and accepted to be baptized October 22nd so prayers that it works out!! Then on Saturday we had an appointment with him but we were in Malvera and missed our bus back to Mafra and all these crazy things kept happening and we were so late and he wouldn’t answer our phone calls but we wouldn’t give up. We didn’t know exactly where he lived but we just knew the direction so we just walked WAY far like probably a solid hour and I was totally lacking faith that we would find his house but then WE DID. It was WAY far but we met his family and they are BEM FIXE and totally encouraging him to learn more and go to church and he is so awesome!! SO we have really high hopes for him!!! 

I had to bear my testimony my first week here. I think I have to teach relief society next month, which is really scary because that’s a lot of talking but we will see. I will probably have to speak again or at least bear my testimony this month because there are not many others to do that. 

I already have a shoe tan line and another 16 months to work on it so it’s going to be awesome hahahaha I cant wait

This week has been SO hot during the day but then WAY freezing at night which is way chato so we ran home one day to grab jackets and on our way to our next appointment Sister Santos realized she forgot her name tag and we didn’t want to walk all the way back to our apartment and I had 2, one on my jacket and one on my shirt so I just gave her my name tag. SO we were sister Jones and Sister Jones which is way funny because it is SO hard for people to say Jones here because its way American and Sister Santos is way Brazilian so it was awesome hahaha

Oh a dog almost killed me this week and I panicked and started yelling English words at him and my comp was laughing so hard because she had no idea what I was saying hahaha!!

But yea that’s about it. We taught some awesome lessons this week with awesome people with great potential so we have high hopes for all of these people!!! They’re AWESOME!!

Some days can be so hard, but I know I am in the right place doing the right thing- sharing this perfect Gospel so others can feel as happy as I do!!

Beijos,
Sister Jones


Mastering their selfie techniques






The beach!



No comments:

Post a Comment