Monday, August 21, 2017

Sacrifice Brings Forth the Blessings of Heaven

Hello! 

I feel like I say the same things every week, that we had a good week. But this week it’s true! We have seen so many blessings and miracles this week! 

First off, let me just say congrats to my sister who decided to get married without me! She looked so pretty and like the perfect day. So sad to miss it but we are both doing the right thing at the right time :) 

This week I didn’t want to get distracted because of the wedding and everything going on at home, so I took down all my pictures of family and decided to not talk about my family at all, it was a sacrifice because I love them, but it was so worth it! We had a great week of work and were really focused on our purpose here in Setubal. 

We also were focused on being as obedient as possible this week, and everyday it just gets a little easier and better. We had interviews’ with President on Saturday. I love president! We spent about 30 minutes together just laughing and talking and learning together. He really is an inspired man and helped SO much! He gave me some great advice to help the work in our area. SO we returned to our area that day and I applied it and we have seen miracles! We found a lady named Maria Alice, taught her the first lesson. She said it all makes sense; she came to church yesterday and loved it! It was so good! This week we have also been doing challenges with our zone leaders. One day we decide what we have to do, and the next they decide. One day we had to talk about baptism during street contacts and with everyone we passed by, the next day was testify about the Book of Mormon. We had a lot of success actually! Then on Saturday it was about eternal marriage. I was really scared to go up to people and start talking about marriage because I am 20 and know nothing about marriage, but I started talking to this woman named Daniela. She invited me to sit down with her (we were at a park) and we talked for almost an hour. She said it makes sense that our relationships don’t end with death and that we should live with our family forever. The spirit was so strong! I learned about the power of a testimony. When we bear testimony to everyone, and not just explain who we are and get to know people, they can feel the power and want to learn more!! 

The work is going good and I am happy out here in Setubal!! Also I am terrible at taking pictures so there aren’t any this week (I am sorry, I know its the best part of emails) 


Love you all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment