Monday, February 20, 2017

A Good Week


Olá Todos! 

We had a good week here in Seixal, Portugal!! We are working hard, searching for new people, and loving all the people that we have!! 


Glad you learned how to pronounce Seixal from the Portuguese servers on the cruise, but I kinda want to know how you guys were pronouncing it before. hahaha all of the areas names are SO funny when Americans (that don’t speak Portuguese) say them. But yea Mafra is a lot prettier than Seixal, but the ward here in Seixal is literally gold. I don’t think I will ever serve in another area with a ward TÂO BOM. But yea there are some Indian people here too.. and Asian. but mostly just African and Portuguese and some Brazilians. 


Also we decided on Tuesday to do a Valentines Day lunch for ourselves (because missions are all about celebrating the little holidays). So we bought heart shaped pasta and red sauce (our type of cooking), tried to make heart shaped cookies (emphasis on tried), and red jello. Also found some wine glasses in our apartment so we used those to have a way classy Valentines Day lunch. It was way funny and fun! Sister Truman is way fun I love her! I We have a lot of fun together! I really hope that we can stay together next transfer but I have a feeling we might get split apart :( we will see on Sunday. Its way hard to adjust to a new comp and see how they teach and work and how to work together, but after like 2 weeks its fine. But yea the first little bit together is never that fun.. so it would be great if she could just stay here!! 


This week we also had a visit from Elder Soares from the seventy! It was even better because he is from Brazil so we could all speak Portuguese!! IT was SO GOOD! It was all the way in Algarve, so we left our apartment at 6:15 AM and didn’t return until 10:40 PM. We had a 4-hour bus ride, and then a day full of learning and growing spiritually!! It was SO GOOD! They talked a lot about changes and how we are constantly changing, but we have to make the choice everyday to change for the good. The power to change is a gift from God.. we always have to look to the future and aim to be better everyday. Elder Soares talked a lot about the importance of our calls also, we are here for a specific reason and we should let all of the rejection make us think otherwise, or make us wish we were in a mission with people more receptive. Don’t let the rejections discourage you because we are right where we are supposed to be at the right time. He also talked a lot about missionaries who act with faith and different qualities they have. I have so many things I need to change and so many attributes I have to develop, but I am determined to work hard and serve with ALL of my heart, might, mind, and strength! He left us with a challenge to determine our biggest weakness, and tackle it. Then go from there and tackle all of them. That is something I am doing everyday and trying to be better everyday. It was so good and I left wanted to work harder than ever before!! 

Also I finished the Book of Mormon in PORUGUESE in 20 days!! It was hard at times (especially during the Isaiah chapters) but it was so worth it. Not only did my language abilities get better, but my knowledge of the scriptures. But most of all I felt SO much closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that through the Livro de Mormon we can learn and grow closer to Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my Savior. I know for a fact that He lived for all of us, and He died for all of us, and it is through Him that we can gain eternal life. 

Also at the conference this week almost all of our group from the MTC was together again and it was so fun to talk to them!! And talk to them in Portuguese!! Who would of though that we would be fluent in Portuguese one day?? In the MTC I never thought this day would arrive. 

OHHH also I decided to chop my hair today. I was sick of my long hair with this wind and humid weather, so I just walked into a salon. It is WAY shorter than I wanted, and also not the most even haircut in the world.. but hey hair grows.. Also I think it is an unwritten rule that every missionary has to have a bad haircut at least once in the mission, so at least I am getting mine over with in the beginning. 

Hope you all have a great week and remember to read the Book of Mormon everyday!!! 

Com Amor,

Sister Jones








No comments:

Post a Comment