Monday, March 27, 2017

The Week of Miracles!

Hello everyone!! 

Sorry I don’t have much to write about this week!! It really has been a week of miracles! I have been reminded so many times this week that this is truly the Lord´s work and when we are doing what is right and being obedient he will bless us and put people in our path!! We have found some AMAZING people recently and have had some really good lessons! Our first week together we were really nervous about how we were going to do this whitewash and find people to teach, but since then we have found SO many new people and have had so many people just fall into our laps! It has really been a humbling experience to realize that the Lord is mindful of all of His children. 

But yea this week was full of finding people and teaching them. It was a really good week and I learned a lot! We are having a good time out here in Faro. I wish I could explain the amount of times we almost pee our pants from laughing so hard, but I think that they are more “had to be there” moments hahaha. One thing I have learned here is just the fact that we are expected to work really hard and give our all to the Lord but that doesn’t mean that we can’t have fun and laugh everyday. We are always finding ways to make each other laugh, which has included pulling pranks on the elders, or Sister Aiono trying to convince me that there is someone in our apartment late at night haha. Its been a good time! 

Our church is really close here! We never have to use a bus here in Faro which is really nice! It’s like a 5 minute walk its a blessing for sure! And yea the zone leaders serve here also.. Its fun with them... They made us lunch yesterday after church haha 

But other that that I don’t really have any cool stories from this week that I can think of right now.. Sorry for the lame email. 

I think my toe is doing good. The swelling is down but it still hurts to bend it all the way but I can walk on it without any pain for the most part so that’s good. The senior couple was blown away that I was still walking and working on it but I was like dude its a toe it’s not even that bad I can just continue on.. hahaha 

Last week for Pday we went to the church of bones.. It was literally a building made of only bones... it was so creepy and so gross but also SO cool. We made some funny jokes inside and acted pretty immature and then other people showed up and so we had to put our serious faces on and act in a reverent manner haha. Also one of the people whose bones are in that chapel has the same birthday as me... I felt a connection to her for sure.. 

We actually have a lunch with a member for Pday today and also we scheduled a lesson at 5 so we are ending pday early. We are just hanging out until the lunch.. it should be fun. They are good members. Also we had daylight savings on Sunday and we are SO tired so a day of rest is well needed for us for sure!

Journals are so good! I have been writing in mine every night until this transfer.. I am slacking a little but its like every 2 nights now. I have almost filled that huge journal I brought and will have to find another good one soon. I really like writing in it and also reading back on like my first transfer and stuff and seeing how much I have changed and learned since then. 

Have a great week this week! Enjoy conference! i am so grateful that we have a living prophet to guide us in our lives and I am so grateful for this week that we have to listen to the teaching of these inspired men of God!! They don’t translate women’s conference until next week so they are playing it next Saturday before conference because conference doesn’t start until 5pm here. We will see if we can make it.. we actually may have a baptism that day so we will see. I am so excited for conference!! IT will be so good!! 


Love you all! 
Thanks for all of the support and love! ~
Sister Jones 

 Church of Bones:



Lunch with another set of sister missionaries





No comments:

Post a Comment